Sport Psychology Consulting for Athletes
Work With a Sport Psychology Consultant No Matter Where You are in the World!
Here at Success Starts Within, we offer a 12 week one-on-one sport psychology coaching program.
Are you frustrated with your current level of performance? To make matters worse, do you see yourself playing well in practice, yet come game time, you're almost a completely different player?
Through sport psychology consulting you will learn proven tools and techniques that will allow you to take those skills you have in practice and finally translate them into games...becoming the player you know you're capable of being!Start The Process
"My work with Eli was really productive and definitely helped me when I was in a tough moment in my career. He's great at pinpointing exactly what you need to improve and helps you do just that."
Professional Soccer Player
"Eli Straw is amazing at what he does. He knows what he’s doing, he listens and takes it into evaluation to give you the best course of action he can."
High School Soccer Player
"In three months I accomplished more mentally than I could have ever thought possible with proof of it working with my performances."
"I have benefited by becoming more mindful about ways to strengthen my golf game on the mental side therefore improving my game greatly."
How Sport Psychology Consulting Works
When it comes to your mindset, a completely tailored approach is required. Here at Success Starts Within, we know that every athlete is different...each one with a unique personality, background, and experience. As a result, the work done with them must be just as unique.
Sport Psychology Consulting Includes:
- Introductory Call: the first step is an introductory call to go over your goals, the program, and see if it's a good fit.
- Sport Psychology Assessment: you will first be given an assessment that will help to uncover your current strengths & challenges, and allow us to gain a better understanding into your mindset.
- Mental Game Plan: once you've finished the assessment, we will create a custom mental game plan covering the main topics that will be worked on during the program.
- Weekly Coaching Sessions: each week we will have a 50 minute video call. Here we will go over your recent performances, work through any challenges you're dealing with, and go over the topic for that week.
- Action Steps: following each coaching call you will receive an email summary of what was covered that day along with your weekly action steps.
- Reading Materials & Handouts: you will also receive reading materials, handouts, and articles to help facilitate growth.
- Focus Flow: every 4 weeks we will have a check-in to be sure we are headed in the right direction and see if any changes need to be made to the coaching plan.
- Unlimited Text/Email Correspondence: you will have access to your sport psychology consultant and can email or text whenever you need throughout the program.
Build a Championship Mindset with Sport Psychology Coaching
Through one-on-one coaching, there are many ways your game will be improved.
Benefits of sport psychology:
- Greater Self-Confidence
- Stronger Focus
- Greater Resilience
- Decreased Anxiety
- Decreased Fear of Failure
- Increased Motivation
- Positive Self-Talk
- Stronger Mental Toughness
- Improved Self-Awareness
- Manage Mistakes Better
Athlete Success Story
The mental coaching I have received from Eli was a game changer. I started off this programme having almost lost hope with ever getting over my performance anxiety and motivation to train anymore because of the fear and anxiety that had become apart of my training.
With Eli I was able to learn so much about myself, my triggers and most importantly how to build up my own confidence so that the things I had learnt will stay with me and become apart of my lifestyle and not just exercises. In three months I accomplished more mentally than I could have ever thought possible with proof of it working with my performances.
I highly recommend Eli to anyone struggling mentally with their sport. It helps to have someone who has been through it themselves that you can not only relate with but that takes the time to understand you as a person and how your brain works to find strategies that will stick with you in the long run. Thanks Eli!
6 Pillars of Mental Toughness
While working with a sport psychology consultant you will learn the 6 pillars of mental toughness.
Through research, we have identified 6 key areas that are needed to make up a strong mind.
Mental toughness has often been seen as something athletes either have or don't have. But here at Success Starts Within, we know it is something that can and must be developed.
Along with your custom plan, you will be taken through steps and exercises each week geared towards building each of the 6 pillars of mental toughness.
The pillars include:
It all begins with awareness. You will gain a deeper understanding as to how your mind operates. Learning why you think and feel the way you do and how that impacts your performance.
From there, we will begin working on cultivating the following five pillars.
Sport Psychology Consulting is for You if...
- You are performing better in practices than games.
- You are currently struggling with performance anxiety, fear of failure, perfectionism, or any other mental game challenge.
- You have a difficult time letting go of mistakes.
- You have an uncontrollable negative and self-critical voice in your head.
- You want to add an additional aspect to your training that will give you an edge over the competition.
- You have lost the love for the game and are wanting to get it back.
- You know you are better than you've been performing, and you just don't understand what's holding you back.
- You feel like you play with your foot on the brake, unable to let yourself go and play with confidence.
- You struggle with low confidence and believing in yourself.
Sport psychology consulting is the most effective way of improving your performance and building a championship mindset! Click the button below to start the process and take the first step towards reaching your full potential.
MEET YOUR COACH
Eli Straw, M.S. - Sport Psychology Consultant
Eli Straw holds a Master's Degree in psychology with a sport psychology specialization and is working towards a doctorate in the field. Eli brings a proactive and applicable approach to mental training. He believes that repetition is the key to success and so it is no different when it comes to mental training. Eli's philosophy is to make mental training a habit that becomes part of your daily routine. That is how he believes lasting change can be created.
Eli has experience playing baseball at the collegiate and professional level. His background has provided him with first hand experience of the struggles faced by athletes and those wanting to perform well. He has witnessed both the ups and downs of sports, and understands the impact competition can have on your mind. By working with a mental performance coach himself, Eli was introduced to a field he fell in love with. Now, it is his passion to teach and help as many people as possible improve their mental strength so they can achieve success, whatever that may look like for them.
Answering your questions about Mental Game Coaching
Is this the same as working with a sports psychologist?
How do I know if it is right for me?
What kind of results can I expect?
Do you work with all sports?
Still have questions?
Fill out the form below and we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have!